Google Pixel

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Mickey Mouse, Jan 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mickey Mouse

Mickey Mouse Newly Rich IG; Forever Rich IRL    

Writer / Skiller
    Home Page:
    Hey guys,

I'm thinking about buying the Google Pixel- the first generation, now that the second is out.
    The price should now be low enough for me to buy it, mainly for its camera (Instagram), but I want to know what you guys think of this phone. It pretty much flopped on launch and I am surprised they're going forward with a second generation; I want to know why it flopped. What's wrong with the phone?

It might just be that people are far too stuck in their own ways of buying either iPhone or Android, but it's by Google. It must of sold at least enough copies for word of mouth to spread, and it must've been pretty bad if it didn't spread like a virus.

Again, let me know what you think about the first generation of the Google Pixel before I buy one. I look forward to hearing what first and second hand users think of the phone.

Thanks,

2. Mickey Mouse

Writer / Skiller
    Home Page:
    And if you think that I SHOULDN'T buy a Google Pixel, let me know why. I would go towards a cheap eBay phone if there's a good one out there.

You know, those phones that cost like $40 but are a fully loaded Android phone.

3. Color

Color ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶        

Tattoo Artist
    a place where i can be semi-content with myself
    it's google.

4. Mickey Mouse

Writer / Skiller
    Home Page:
    Yeah

Because Google is known for their flops. Like the search engine, email, online Office, etc.
    Fuck Google, imma go to Bing!

5. Color

Color ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶        

Tattoo Artist
    Bing Pixel

6. Mickey Mouse

Writer / Skiller
    Home Page:
    Introducing the Bing Pixel, now with Yahoo! search on voice command, supported by Xbox

7. Color

Color ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶        

Tattoo Artist
  8. Mickey Mouse

Writer / Skiller
    Home Page:
    Wouldn't let me quote, but thank you. Even if it's Forbes.

BTW I don't mind the camera. The Pixel camera is supposed to be amazing and I want that, but I would be happy getting a trash (think 207 laptop webcam) camera because I think the photos come out cute as fuck, especially selfies, with a bad camera.
    Either really good or really bad- either way. What needs to load/wwork is Instagram

9. Color

Color ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶        

Tattoo Artist
    That wasn't the right link, haha. That was the problems with Google Pixel 2, The Google Pixel (1) is link above, I deleted the post and then re-replied. haha

10. Mickey Mouse

Writer / Skiller
    Home Page:
    Oh, that's why the system gave me two notifications for the quote. I was worried about that.

The article seems fine to me. I'm not bothered by the display being 'washed out'- minimalist and neutral tones are nice anyway, so long as the white/black/grey is still there. Fuck colours.

I'll be taking the photos on the phone to transfer them to a computer with Photoshop for editing before they're uploaded to Instagram.
    So basically the thread has come to this;

I can either get a Google Pixel (1) to have an expensive camera that'll also take phone calls, but will leave me blind and needing a computer, or I can get a garbage camera.
    The Pixel seems fine for what I need it for. Thanks for your input. I appreciate it but I am still looking for more, if anyone has any.

11. Vassex

Vassex Titan    

Meme Farmer
    I've tried the Google Pixel 2 XL, had it for roughly a week. In regards to the Pixel in general, you previously stated that you were going to use the camera for Instagram and other picture-taking. I must say that even the first generation Pixel has an astounding camera. It has an amazing build quality on it and based on usage of the Pixel 2, it's an excellent phone throughout. The current Android OS on the Pixel is a great point as well. I have always had an opinion on the costs of the Pixel, I think it could be lower and I think that it is a bit over-priced.
    Despite the con being the cost, it's still a great phone. I think that if you're consistent and active on Instagram and have a true passion for photography, it's a great phone. You could potentially find a great refurbished/used phone on eBay or websites such as Swappa.

Personally, I have chosen the Samsung Galaxy S8+ over the Pixel 2, but that's because I enjoy the curvature of the phone's screen and it just fits great in my larger sized hands. It still has a great camera and some great camera features, but camera wise, I would take the Pixel 2 over it.

12. Imrank1

Imrank1 K0 king                    

Restaurateur
    Home Page:
    Google can’t make a good phone and it’s embarrassing... awful, terrible, waste of a phone that’s called the google pixel...Literally L0L worthy...

fearsome and Vassex like this.
  13. Imrank1

Imrank1 K0 king                    

Restaurateur
    Home Page:
    The samsung galaxy note 8 is the best that samsung offered, Excellent build quality, design and display, Useful stylus, very good cameras, Speedy performance...
    The galaxy note 8 is more than just a slightly stretched Galaxy S8+.
    Its body is more rectangular and the curves at the corners are less pronounced. The metal frame on the sides is also thicker, the front is a 6.3-inch qhd+ Super amoled display, surprisingly easier to manage than the S8+.
    I am using Samsung Note 8, trust me its a latest and greatest...
    Stylus pen, Live messages, smart select, screen off memo, etc...
    Hope this will change your mind...

Proelium and fearsome like this.
  14. Vassex

Vassex Titan    

Meme Farmer
    Tried the Note 8 when it first came out, it is such an excellent phone. The stylus is in my opinion, one of the greatest things to have come from the Note series. The newest Galaxy series (S6+, S7/Edge, S8/+) are some of the greatest phones I have used.
    Samsung Galaxy is probably one of the greatest phone lines there is.

Liked for agreeability.

15. Imrank1

Imrank1 K0 king                    

Restaurateur
    Home Page:
    If talking about samsung mobile phones I like both, the s series and the note series.
    If i have to choose between s series and note series, I would go in for the Note. The added option of having an S-pen and Dual camera, extra benifits in same price...
    If you can wait then samsung launching galaxy note 9, i heard releasing date is 30th january 2018, but would be announced in the next couple of months till march 2018. The SG Note 9 runs Android 8.0 oreo OS. The smartphone has a 6.3-inch qhd+ s.amoled display. It has dual 12MP rear cameras with an led flash and an 8MP front-facing camera. The device is powered by an octa-core Exynos 9810 latest processor and 8GB ram with 128GB internal storage. Fingerprint scanner under screen.
    Hope this will help, takecare :)

Taco roll, Proelium and fearsome like this.
  16. Michael

Michael 0x00 Staff Member      

You can find very good phones for cheap price.

Samsung, Huawei, iPhone - I would skip google pixel its not worth for the money and its nothing special.

Proelium and Imrank1 like this.
  17. Aussieyobbo

Aussieyobbo Cunt                          

Anything but iphones are good.

fearsome likes this.
  18. Mickey Mouse

Writer / Skiller
    Home Page:
    This post was exactly what I needed. The cost is very high, I agree. However you seem to have confirmed that the phone is basically what I need and must have, as a second hand buy- maybe from a phone shop, though. I have no fixed abode right now and travelling means that even having it ordered to a friends or families address isn't possible.

Thanks for your post. I'll check out Swappa as you suggested, and look around for a second hand version. My hands are big too, by the way, but the second generation is so much more expensive, man.

19. Farhan

Farhan Master        

Alberta
    The only thing the Pixel is good at is the camera and immediate software updates, and if that's all you want, then you should go for it. But if you've ever felt a galaxy s8 in your hand you would just see how amazing it is. Imo, the Pixel is simply overpriced for what it offers. If your looking for midrange phones that are good all round then consider the OnePlus 5t, Honor 7x, LG v30. Even the Samsung s7 would suffice, it pretty much got all the stuff for a very low cost now. Although I do recommend either the 5t or S8, they are really good phones for their price.

20. Mickey Mouse

Writer / Skiller
    Home Page:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.