Agility pathing

Discussion in 'SoulPlay Suggestions' started by NonCombat, Jun 13, 2018.

1. NonCombat

NonCombat Recruit  

I think I don't need to explain this. But "you need to stand infront of the object" issue, making agility horrible not sure why it's never fixed in the sources.

2. Aussieyobbo

Aussieyobbo Cunt                          

don't quote me on this

but i'm pretty sure it was changed to this on purpose around 2 years ago to prevent getting stuck on obstacles.

i'd rather have to walk in-front of the obstacle before crossing it then getting stuck on it with no ability to teleport, log, ect and having to wait for a staff member to help.

6, Lush, Tom and 1 other person like this.
  3. Tom

Tom Be willing to be a beginner every single morning Staff Member            

I'm also not certain about why it's like that. However i know alot of players used to get nulled while doing agility, and had to wait for a staff member as Aussie said.
    Even if this was not done to avoid the nulling issue it should probably be kept.
    While it is super annoying it is better than waiting hours for a mod.

4. Lush

Lush Staff Member              

they can probably fix this in the future but atm it's not really a priority

Tom likes this.
  5. Anthony

Anthony Forum GxD            

What's a priority?

6. NonCombat

NonCombat Recruit  

It is priority, it shouldn't be there in the first place, I know it's in the source and it was bugged right away, but when you start an server you want to get that fixed as soon as possible before adding new content. It's not good to do half work. Also other server with the same revision, do have agility just working fine. Basic bugs first than new content. Problem with those "priority's" are they always end up the bottom and never get fixed. But instead raids /raids 2 will get added, huge content which will come with tons of bugs probably. That'll be will priority because it's new content, you see my point? This raids probably gets added https://www.rune-server.ee/runescap...loads/664234-exotic-raids-inferno-more-d.html, how far are you guys with testing/fixing bugs?

7. Aussieyobbo

Aussieyobbo Cunt                          

You say its always been like this, thats wrong. You use to be able to click the obstacle from anywhere and it would do it
    But there was a chance your character would get nulled on the obstacle, unable to teleport, unable to logout, after x-logging you wouldnt be able to login, your account would be 100% nulled.
    It was found that if you crossed certain obstacles from right infront of them this wouldnt happen.
    So this was coded in as a quick-fix.

Yes i believe it should be fixed further but in saying that there is alot more important bugs to concentrate on.
    Thus this isnt priority as stated above.
    Im not going to share with you whats more important but im sure you could think of alot of things yourself.
    so please stop arguing theres no point.

Tom likes this.
  8. 6

6 Master    

lol our raids are being written from scratch mostly, one of our devs names Leanbow is working on it. they’re not making them on SoulPlay but on another server of ours named Eden. they’re making it compatible for Eden and SoulPlay in 1 go.

As for the pathing issue idk what happened there, it used to be fine years ago i believe, i read something about bot prevention once but idk if that’s true lol. and this isn’t a priority, it’s a skill and it works, just not the way it’s meant to work.

also the devs are working on more than just raids, Leanbow and Julius are working on Raids, Nshusha mostly working on bug fixes and smaller content and Lesik/Aleksandr isn’t really active atm cause if IRL stuff, but should be working on a LMS shop and other bug fixes.