New Pet Guide

Discussion in 'Misc. Guides' started by knd6060, Apr 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knd6060

knd6060 Master              

Ironman require 90 fishing for this quest.
    Bring some raw rocktails with you or fishing them with 90 fishing.
    The raw tiger sharks are trade-able and don't need to be fished for the quest, but requires 70 fishing to fish.​
    [​IMG]
    Capturing npcs in the real world is harder than it is in the quest. There is 1/100 chance of actually weakening the npc when it is close to death and then there is 1/x chance of capturing it depending on the npcs combat level and other factors. E.g. cows have 1/100 chance of weakening and then a 1/2 chance of capturing it. Make sure you have a taming rope in your inventory. I killed about 400 cows to get the cow pet. The average number of cow kills to capture the pet is 200.
    [​IMG]

::thread 37045 for guide on probability of catching all pets and the average number of kills needed.
    You can train your pet in the dungeon shown during the quest. A good strategy is to do banshees and brew to very low att/str stats and wear negative accuracy armor and low strength bonus.

Be careful about training your pets, they have only 10 hitpoints to start with, higher level npcs can easily kill them in 1-2 hits and it is pricy to revive them (costs an abyssal whip but that was originally only for debugging purposes so might change in future, let me know when it does. EDIT: Apparently somebody tried reviving with an abyssal whip and it just ate the whip and it said the pet was still dead. Then they relogged and tried again and it worked, they used 4-5 whips though gg).

You can heal your pet by feeding it raw tiger sharks or raw fury sharks. Last I checked the raw tiger sharks heal 25 hp.
    EDIT: Make sure you don't have summoning familiar out when you try and capture the goblin at start of quest. There is a bug and the goblin will not spawn.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  2. zakiller97

zakiller97 Master      

Some Questions:
    When the monster is weakened, do I have to manually stop attacking it? or does it become immune?
    How does prestige affect your ability to catch pets?
    Does prestige affect the rate of the monster being weakened?

3. knd6060

knd6060 Master              

You don't need to stop attacking it, immune is nice way of putting it, you will probably see the animation the same way as the quest if it is weakened and then a msg saying you failed or succeeded. So pet catchimg strategy is to have the special ropes in inv and kill npcs as fast as possible. There was a thing about prestige and hunter but Julius didn't mention that when I talked with him.

4. zakiller97

zakiller97 Master      

awesome thanks, btw know any good ways to train a pet fast?

5. knd6060

knd6060 Master              

atm it's slow af, 4xp per 1dmg it does and it's like 4k xp to get lvl 2 and then anoter 8k xp to get to lvl 3. Each level you can buy 0.1 str levels, it's grindy af. But yeh the best way is splashing in mage, or hitting with bronze darts/rune darts with very low range accuracy using battlemage for example. Also using sara brews to get to very low levels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.