Sticky Olm Raid - Solo Guide

Discussion in 'PvM Guides' started by Crip, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crip

Crip HELLO THERE :D                

I noticed that there was no guide for olm, so i figured i'd make one, let me know if any information needs to be added or removed :D (Slow down the video if you want to watch first two phases, final phase is the most important phase).

GEAR SETUP:
    I recommend using a dragon hunter crossbow or twisted bow for range if you can afford it (Faster DPS), otherwise armadyl crossbow/runecrossbow will do. This can also be done fairly easy with void if nex is not something you can afford.
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    Attack Styles
    • For Olm's Right Claw, you will use mage attacks, I recommend using blood barrage because it can heal you, it's not necessary, but it is helpful.
    • For Olm's Left Claw, you will be using melee attacks. When attacking the melee hand (Left Claw) I recommend specing the hand with either a Dragon Warhammer or Bandos Godsword (any weapon that lowers defense) in order to lower the hands defense allowing you to deal damage faster. Note - Something I forgot to do in the video is attack olm's melee help in order to clench it before attacking mage hand, make sure you do that during the first two phases.
    • For Olm's head, you will be using range attacks, I recommend using a twisted bow or dragon hunter crossbow if you can afford it. (You will only attack Olm's head during the final phase after killing both hands).
    Olm's Attacks
    • Standard attacks: Olm has two standard attacks: Magic and Ranged. The magic attacks are large green orbs, while the ranged attacks are smaller chunks of crystal. Both deal the same amount of damage.
    • Spheres: Olm randomly picks a sphere (red, green or purple) and sends it at the player. If not blocked, the player will be damaged approximately 50% of their current Hitpoints. If a protection prayer was used when the sphere was launched, it is disabled and the player's Prayer is reduced by 50%. To block the attack, pray accordingly before and as the sphere hits you:
      • Crystal Burst: Olm throws a crystal seedling under every player in the chamber. A few seconds later, the crystals burst and shove the player to a nearby tile if they are on top of them for moderate damage. The left hand will briefly show a crystal icon when using this attack.
      • [​IMG]
      • Lightning: Shoots out lightning running north and/or south of the chamber. Getting hit by a bolt of lightning electrocutes the player, disabling their overhead prayers, dealing moderate damage, and binding them. The left hand will briefly show a lightning bolt when using this attack.
      • [​IMG]
      • Swap: Olm teleports the player(s) for damage. With one person inside the chamber, Olm will instead choose a random tile in the chamber. With two or more, Olm picks those two (or a random two if more) to teleport. To avoid damage, stand on top of the targeted tile/player. The further you are from the target, the more damage is taken. Olm does not use this move on the last phase. The left hand briefly shows a swirl when using this attack.
      • [​IMG]
      Acid:
      • Acid Spray: Olm spits out several pools of acid around the chamber. Standing on top of an acid pool deals 3-6 damage per tick and inflicts a weak poison effect on the player.
      • Acid Drip: Olm covers a player in acid, causing them to generate acid pools under them. More pools are generated if the player runs, though it is not much of a deal in small groups. The pools are identically the same as the spray attack.(During this attack, I recommend turning run off, and walking square by square to avoid the damage, seen below)
      [​IMG]

• Flame:
      • Deep Burn: Olm shoots out a green fireball at a player, causing them to yell "Burn with me!". The targeted player takes 5 damage every few ticks, dropping stats by 2 each time this occurs for five hits. If it spreads to other players, it will reset the timer and newly infected players will initially yell "I will burn with you."
      • [​IMG]
      • Fire Wall: Olm shoots out two walls of fire at a player to trap them. If the player is on a tile that would be occupied by the fire wall, they will leap out and take light damage from it. After the walls are placed, the player(s) trapped inside will take heavy damage if they are not freed. To free the trapped player(s), cast a water spell on a segment of the wall to douse the flame. This can be done outside or inside the wall.(Not sure if the water spell aspect works on here, I usually try to avoid it or tank the hit)
      • [​IMG]
    • Crystal:
      • Falling Crystals: Olm lets out a cry, targeting one player with a red aura. Spiked crystals fall from above, dealing damage to anyone in the targeted tile.
      • [​IMG]
      • Crystal Bombs: Olm shoots out a crystal bomb (up to three at most; two for smaller groups). The bomb explodes after being deployed for several seconds, covering a 5x5 range. The minimum amount of damage dealt is 15. The closer you are to the bomb, the more damage is incurred.
      • Falling Crystals: During phase transitions and the last phase, Olm causes chunks of crystal to fall from above. These crystals have a 3x3 AoE. Getting a direct hit will result in moderate damage, and getting indirectly hit will deal half as much damage. One crystal will always be aimed at a random player in the chamber. A shadow will indicate where the crystal will land.
      • [​IMG]
      Phase rotations
      Olm's left hand (on the right side when facing Olm) is the hand which should be disabled with Melee. This hand is also the hand that indicates which move is coming next out of crystals, lightning wall and teleport attack. At first, the next attack may seem random, but each phase does the moves in a set order. This may change between each raid but so far these are the expected rotations.
      • Phase 1: Crystal Burst > Lightning > Swap. After completing an attack rotation, he repeats them again. If the left hand is clenched, none of these special attacks will be performed. The left hand only clenches temporarily, and will automatically let go after a set amount of time has passed or the right hand is disabled. The left hand cannot be attacked while clenched.
      • Phase 2: The same as phase 1.
      • Phase 3: In this phase both hands have to be killed at the same time. The left hand will not clench at all during this phase. After the swap attack will come the auto-healing effect for the left hand, after which the attack rotation is repeated again.

Notable Drops - [​IMG] Dragon Hunter Crossbow, [​IMG]Twisted Bow, [​IMG] Twisted Buckler, [​IMG]Ancestral Hat, [​IMG]Ancestral Robe Top,
    • [​IMG]Ancestral Robe Bottoms, [​IMG] Kodai Wand, [​IMG] Dinh's Bulwark, [​IMG] Dexterous Prayer Scroll (Used to unlock rigour), [​IMG]Arcane Prayer Scroll, [​IMG]Dragon Sword, [​IMG] Dragon Claws,[​IMG] Elder Maul,[​IMG]Olmlet(Raid Pet), you can also receive skilling supplies such as herbs and gems. You can also receive a Scythe of Vitur.

Ignore my terrible time and terrible final phase, hadn't done raids in a while and it was 5:00am. Once you get use to the raid and understand the mechanics, you can complete solo raids much faster than I did in the vid. I hope the guides helpful :D

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Ginger, Migsen, † Death and 8 others like this.
  2. Nexus

Nexus アンタッチャブル Staff Member                  

Getting 1banged <3
    Very Detailed Guide Nice work :ryan:

Crip likes this.
  3. Liquids

Liquids Veni Vidi Vici                  

Good guide +1

Crip likes this.
  4. Satin

Satin Elite seeker                          

Very informative and detailed guide, you can get scythe of vitur from raid drops to confirm:p

Crip likes this.
  5. gol d rogers

gol d rogers Master

Awesome, WHOLESOME! Ill raid tonight with the cu bois

Crip and Satin like this.
  6. Nalsa

Nalsa Stay Creating                      

Daily Bugle Journalist
    Not the content we deserved, but the content we needed.

Crip and Satin like this.
  7. Aussieyobbo

Aussieyobbo Cunt                          

Now do one on how to run the head :hmm:

Crip likes this.
  8. Cedric

Cedric Master Staff Member                        

Very detailed guide and now we don’t have to send players to YouTube for osrs videos. Great job @Crip.

Migsen, Crip and Nalsa like this.
  9. Boll

Boll Guest

That is nice

Crip likes this.
  10. Migsen

Migsen Master              

Great job on this guide Crip.
    - This is something we needed :)

Crip likes this.
  11. zuvuya

zuvuya Master        

THANKS, nice guide my friend :thumb:

12. LongFatWang

LongFatWang Master  

Nice guide! Gonna try it once my account is maxed again
    Btw, it's better to melee in virtus since pernix gives a big negative melee accuracy

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  13. I eat trees

I eat trees Commander  

Very detailed guide, nice job.

Are raids "safe" like do you lose your stuff if you die?

14. Crip

Crip HELLO THERE :D                

you do not lose your stuff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.