Important Soulplay Newspaper 3/9/2020

Discussion in 'SoulPlay Newspaper' started by Groot, Mar 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Groot

Groot ♕ Forum Moderator Staff Member                      

14437th heir to the throne of Gondor‎.
    [​IMG]
    Hello everybody and we welcome you back to another edition of the Soulplay Newspaper! This week we have some Staff Changes made by our [email protected], This time around there will be not be an interview (sorry), however we will continue with interviews in our next edition with @Sam_SS . If you would like to volunteer to be interviewed by our community feel free to post a private message to @Groot

A big thank you goes out to our Manager, Administrators, Moderators and Support who have all been working hard to keep the community happy and busy spawning regular events and being as active as possible. We all thank you for your time guy's.

Website news
    Donation issues have been resolved and the community should find things back to normal with a few changes to the donation page on the website.

Forum news

Game news
    • seasonal pk leaders
    [​IMG]
    • pk leader board
    [​IMG]
    • Duel arena Leader board:
    [​IMG]

In the future we will be adding some winners of lms and pk tournamentsl.

[​IMG]
    Since the last edition of the newspaper back in 7/14/2019 some Staff changes have occurred around the team.
    We will attempt to get you up to date.

Promotions
    @Shark from [​IMG] Forum Moderator to [​IMG] Forum Administrator
    @Angel Ranger from [​IMG] Global Moderator to [​IMG] Administrator
    @Cedric from [​IMG] Server Moderator to [​IMG] Administrator

@Fly And High from [​IMG] Server Support to [​IMG] Server Moderator
    @Migsen from [​IMG] Server Support to [​IMG] Server Moderator
    @Sam_SS from [​IMG] Server Support to [​IMG] Server Moderator
    @Kustom from [​IMG] Server Support to [​IMG] Server Moderator (Moderator Trial)
    @President Geoff from [​IMG] Junior Forum Moderator to [​IMG] Forum Moderator
    @Groot from [​IMG] Ex-Staff to [​IMG] Forum Moderator​

@Aerow from Player to [​IMG] Server Support
    @MrNoPets from Player to [​IMG] Server Support
    @myth2legend from Player to [​IMG] Server Support
    @Onset legend from Player to [​IMG] Server Support
    @Maddi from Player to [​IMG] Server Support
    @Metis from Player to [​IMG] Server Support
    @Wolf of Ss from Player to [​IMG] Server Support​

Resignations
    @Lush from [​IMG] Manager to [​IMG] Ex-Staff
    @Aozaki from [​IMG] Forum Administrator to [​IMG] Ex-Staff
    @trs / Yeehaw from [​IMG] Forum Administrator to [​IMG] Ex-Staff
    @Liquids from [​IMG] Administrator to [​IMG] Ex-Staff

@Mikeyo from [​IMG] Server Moderator to [​IMG] Ex-Staff
    @Satin from [​IMG] Server Moderator to [​IMG] Ex-Staff (Temporary Resignation)
    @Migsen from [​IMG] Server Moderator to [​IMG] Ex-Staff (Temporary Resignation)
    @.X. from [​IMG] Server Moderator to [​IMG] Ex-Staff
    @Bart from [​IMG] Server Moderator to [​IMG] Ex-Staff
    @Aly from [​IMG] Server Moderator to [​IMG] Ex-Staff
    @Liquid Flame from [​IMG] Forum Moderator to [​IMG] Ex-Staff
    @Dragon from [​IMG] Junior Forum Moderator to [​IMG] Ex-Staff

@KaZik from [​IMG] Server Support to Player
    @Supervuurie from [​IMG] Server Support to Player
    @santa c1aus from [​IMG] Server Support to Player
    @Crip from [​IMG] Server Support to Player
    @♕ Selina from [​IMG] Server Support to Player
    @25 to life g from [​IMG] Server Support to Player
    @Ginger from [​IMG] Server Support to Player
    @MR Phillips from [​IMG] Server Support to Player
    @Frostyskill from [​IMG] Server Support to Player

We thank you all for your dedication to the Community, congratulations to all those who have been promoted , and to all who have resigned we appreciate all that you have done here and wish you the best :)

[​IMG]
    This edition will not include an interview, however we will continue with interviews in our next edition.

We will be giving @Sam_SS the chance to answer some of the Community's questions.
    feel free to post any questions you might have below.

[​IMG]
    This week we congratulate Black Beauty for winning video of the week! Good luck PKing out there :)

[​IMG]
    This week in the news : Australians scrap over toilet rolls amid coronavirus panic buying.
    Melbourne, Australia With 74 confirmed cases and three deaths, Australia is far from making the top of the countries worst-affected by the new coronavirus. But thousands of shoppers seem to think otherwise, and it appears their worst fear is finding themselves stuck in the toilet without a square to spare.

Panic-buying increased across Australia this week amid fears that the outbreak will accelerate, leaving families trapped inside their homes with limited supplies.
    On Saturday, inside a Melbourne Woolworths supermarket, canned goods and other food items remained in stock while toilet paper shelves were completely bare, despite the store rationing the number each shopper could buy.
    "People are so ridiculous!! It's no worse than flu season yet they're acting like it's the zombie apocalypse," said shopper Karen Ficheroux.
    Beginning in February, the Australian Department of Health has steadily increased restrictions on travellers returning from mainland China, Iran and South Korea - the countries worst hit by COVID-19 - with returnees required to "self isolate" for 14 days and seek medical attention if any symptoms appear.
    The same applies to anyone who has been in close contact with an infected person, the department advises on its website.

'It's crazy'
    In Sydney's northern suburbs, where cases have been confirmed at a school, a hospital, a care home and a child care centre within a four-kilometre radius, 117 people have been placed in isolation while hundreds of others have been advised to stay at home, avoiding all contact with the outside world.
    The new restrictions have fuelled a rush on "essential" supplies.
    Back in the Woolworths store, as two employees emerged with a full pallet of toilet rolls, shoppers rushed to grab their pack.
    A shop assistant guarding the new stock said, "We've had to limit one pack per family. It's crazy."
    [​IMG]
    Shoppers in this supermarket found the toilet roll aisle all but empty.

Walking proudly with a multi-pack under her arm, one shopper could be overheard on the phone bragging excitedly, "I managed to get toilet paper!"
    Other products, such as sugar, rice, nappies and cat litter, while not sold out, were running low.
    "We're talking about a virus which is a biological contagion, but what's happening [as a result] is social contagion where you sort of catch what other people are doing," said Jill Klein, Professor of Marketing at Melbourne Business School.
    The bulky size of toilet roll packs compared with smaller items like canned goods - coupled with the sensitive nature of being caught without - has fuelled the rush on toilet paper above other more essential items.
    "When you're in the grocery store, and you see people with carts full of toilet paper, you think 'I better get some toilet paper'," Klein said.
    "And when the shelves are empty, people think 'Oh my gosh, there's no more toilet paper in Australia'."
    Social media frenzy
    Social media is now packed with images of empty shelves, shoppers squabbling over packets and memes of Australians wrapped up in toilet paper like mummies or barricading themselves behind a wall of toilet rolls.
    The hashtags #toiletpapergate and #toiletpapercrisis have been trending this week, while regional newspaper NT News even printed Thursday's edition with toilet paper sheets as a pull-out center spread.

[​IMG]This week in Music : Despite drama, Megan Thee Stallion happy to release music

NEW YORK - Megan Thee Stallion says she works extremely hard in the studio writing music, and so became more than a little worried when she almost couldn't release her new album because of a dispute with her record label.

"I was super nervous," she said in an interview with The Associated Press this week after a Houston judge ordered the Friday release of her album as her bitter court battle with her label continues.
    "I'm super passionate about music. I love the fact that music is what connects me to my hotties, so not being able to put out music, that would hurt my relationship with my listeners," she continued. "I'm like, 'Oh thank you Lord' when I found out I could drop new music."

The 25-year-old released the nine-track album, "Suga," on Friday. It comes after the release of the projects "Fever" and "Tina Snow" that helped establish Stallion's name in hip-hop, and even on the pop charts. Last year she made the 2019 TIME 100 Next List, was named one of the AP's Breakthrough Entertainers of the Year, won prizes at the MTV Video Music Awards and BET Hip-Hop Awards, and was honored by Variety and Billboard magazines.
    But not everything has been going smoothly.

The performer posted on social media that she and her management team at Jay-Z's Roc Nation company tried to renegotiate a bad contract she signed years ago with Houston-based record label 1501 Certified Entertainment. It's become a battle marked by rancorous social media exchanges that Stallion and her associates regarded as threatening and intimidating.

Stallion accused the label of not sharing data on her music sales with her management. She said that when they sought to renegotiate terms of her record contract as a result, the threats and attempts at intimidation increased.
    Representatives for 1501 didn't immediately reply to an email from The Associated Press seeking comment.
    Stallion got a small win in court Monday when State District Judge Robert Schaffer issued the initial temporary restraining order that barred 1501 from withholding release of her music on schedule. State District Judge Beau Miller reaffirmed the order Wednesday while denying 1501's appeal, and a March 13 hearing has been scheduled for her request for a temporary injunction against the label.

Stallion said she's happy she decided to sign with Roc Nation to help manage her growing career.
    "Roc Nation is awesome. Even before I had officially signed with them, they started helping me with stuff," Stallion said, noting that they helped her enrol into school swiftly. "They took some of the load off of what I had going on in my everyday life. I was like, `Yeah, this is the place I want to be."'
    Stallion's hits include "Hot Girl Summer," "Big Ole Freak" and "Cash (Expletive)." She said her advice to up-and-coming artists is to read the contracts you sign carefully.
    "You read them. Have your people read them. Have your lawyer read them. Have everybody that know what they are talking about read them," she said.

------------------------------------

Congratulations to those who made it through
    next tine we will try to keep it a bit shorter.

Regards
    The Soulplay News team

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    Onset legend, Ummidk, Nalsa and 6 others like this.
  2. mr plug man

mr plug man Master        

Onset legend and Groot like this.
  3. Fly And High

Fly And High Master Staff Member    

Self-employed
    Yeah lol

Groot likes this.
  4. Nalsa

Nalsa Stay Creating                      

Daily Bugle Journalist
    Are the news articles copy and pasted? Who wrote them? Did anyone proofread this before post? I’d be happy to assist and contribute if the newspaper postings are active again. @Groot

Groot likes this.
  5. Groot

Groot ♕ Forum Moderator Staff Member                      

14437th heir to the throne of Gondor‎.
    my questions for: Sam ss
    • :doge2: or :doge:
    • If there was one thing you could change in Soulplay to make it better, what would it be and why?
    • What is your favorite thing about being a staff member?
    • Do you have any pets?

6. Immortal

Immortal Conquer from within    

• Being a staff member yourself, what do you think about the current staff team?
    • Danny / Jambita or Fearless?
    • If you were to become a manager for a day, what changes would you make?
    • Did you 'panic buy' toilet rolls off the supermarket?

7. Twig

Twig me & ur ghost                  

y r u a staff on here still?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.